A blog is essentially a publishing platform for your business. It allows you to speak directly to your prospective customers and educate them about what your business does.
There are some reasons you should start a blog
1. To keep your audience updated about your business
Beyond your company website, a blog is a fantastic tool to keep your audience in the loop about your business. While a website might be more practical in content and straightforward in tone, a blog offers more flexibility to connect with customers, to share updates in a way that shows who you are, not just what you do.
Think of your blog as your direct communication channel. It’s a space to talk in depth about your products and services, share timely content, and comment on relevant industry trends in a way that lets your brand personality shine.
2. To build your online brand
How does branding through blogging benefit you?
- It drives traffic to your site. Blogging improves your site’s rank on search engines and in the process it increases the amount of traffic to your blog or site.
- It strengthens relationships, specifically your relationship with your customer base or target audience. Blogging promotes interaction since it comes in a more personalized form, with an easy-to-approach vibe.
- It positions you as an authority figure in your industry. Have you ever fancied yourself to be a brand leader? Then you can accomplish that with the help of blogging if you post useful and informative content. It gives you authority in your chosen field, and will give your business and brand a boost in recognition, trust, and revenue generation.
3. To get feedback from your customers
Good business websites do a solid job of giving customers the information they need, but it is usually done so in a one-way manner. There’s often no room to ask questions, comment on content, or start a conversation.
This is why a blog is so powerful. It creates a two-way conversation with customers, leads and industry peers. With a more relatable tone and an interactive platform, you can encourage feedback and discussion in the comment sections of your blogs.
4. To get something back to your customers
A blog is a great platform to give existing customers added value. Post articles about topics that will help and add value to their work lives. Top tips and practical pointers explaining how to do things as well as why to do things are great types of content to help them get started.